Governor Cuomo has announced that by Executive Order he is ordering all businesses in the State, with certain exceptions, to reduce its workforce. As of Sunday, March 22, a 100% reduction is in effect.
Under this Executive Order healthcare, pharmacies, food, shipping and supplies are considered essential services which are exempt from this Executive Order.
Essential health care operations include:
- research and laboratory services
- walk-in-care health facilities
- veterinary and animal health services
- elder care
- medical wholesale and distribution
- HOME HEALTH CARE WORKERS OR AIDES
- doctor and dentist offices
- nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities
- medical supplies and equipment providers
Governor Cuomo’s Executive Orders can be found here.