Click here to access the CHC Home Care Emergency Preparedness and Response Survey! Responses are due by Friday, April 18, 2014.
Current CHC grants include:
2013-14 Emergency Preparedness Grant from the New York State Department of Health (DOH) Office of Health Emergency Preparedness (OHEP). This is the eighth year CHC has been awarded this grant. Deliverables for the 2013-14 grant cycle include:
- Community Transportation Assistance Level (TALs) integration to bring home care at-risk populations into local planning and response. On hold pending approval by the DOH Office of Health System Management. CHC/HCP will help increase community awareness of Transportation Assistance Levels (TALs) and their integration into home care agency planning and response efforts.
- Identification of regulatory barriers to home care providers during a catastrophic event and potential waivers to assist with response efforts. CHC/HCP will work with OHEP to develop a quick reference manual for providers documenting procedures and steps to obtain regulatory relief waivers during an emergency.
- Provision of emergency preparedness activities relating to home care at-risk populations. CHC/HCP will collaborate on emergency response planning efforts for at-risk individuals and those with special medical needs.
- Assist home care providers in completing coastal storm planning initiatives. CHC/HCP will assist in efforts to heighten the completion of Coastal Storm and Flood Zone planning surveys among home care providers, thereby increasing the ability of local jurisdictions to correctly assess home care and preparedness requirements of patients.
- Guidance for providers on the use and benefits of the Incident Command System (ICS) structure. CHC/HCP will continue its work from the 2012-13 Grant year to ensure home care providers are knowledgeable and aware of ICS as a means for planning and responding to emergency incidents.